Raj Swim is an industry leader in women’s swimwear. We are a multi-branded, an international supplier of swimwear to the apparel industry. We are seeking the perfect individual for an opening we have in our design department. We are looking for an individual with at least three years experience designing and fitting women’s swimwear. The swimwear designer will be responsible for several different brands and customers throughout the company. There will never be a dull moment. You will guide the design process from initial concept through to final production.
- Study fashion trends and anticipate designs that will appeal to the target consumer
- Decide on a theme for each collection
- Use computer-aided design programs (CAD) to create designs
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colors, or style for all styles.
- Work with the Director of Design and possibly Licensors to create the line.
- Present design ideas to the creative director or showcase them in fashion or trade shows
- Oversee the final production.
- Collaborate with sales and management executives or with clients to discuss design ideas
- Direct and coordinate workers involved in drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples or finished garments.
- Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status
- Capable of designing under limited cost perspective
- Ability to follow a timing and action calendar.
- Preferred Design Associates for Bachelor’s degree
- Three years swimwear experience
- Knowledge of Fashion trends
- Oral and written communication, computer proficiency, creativity, artistic ability, excellent decision making, detail oriented
- Clothing design, apparel construction
- Excellent CAD skills
- Principles of pattern making and construction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work with feedback professionally
- Tustin, CA
If you are interested in the position above please contact us at email@example.com.